Truth Hounds and Center for Participation and Development under support of the Netherlands Embassy to Georgia and National Endowment for Democracy invite human rights defenders to apply for the Tbilisi Shelter City Program.
Apply till April 30, 2018.
Tbilisi Shelter City is the program of relocation to the safe place (Tbilisi, Georgia), professional development and support to human rights defenders. It is aimed at addressing security threats for the human rights defenders offering them the opportunity for temporary (3 months) relocation from the risky environment. The program includes 3 months course during which a human rights defender is provided by safe accommodation, receives opportunities for professional development and getting new skills, networking and, in case of need, psychological and medical assistance.
In particular, the program includes the following components:
- Rehabilitation activities
- Educational programs
- Skills development
- Public presentations, networking events
It is assumed that participants will be able to return to their country after the end of the program.
1. Human rights defenders in the broader sense are eligible to apply ( including lawyers, civil society activists, journalists whose professional activity is related to human rights).
2. A HRD should be conducting professional activities in at least one of the following countries: Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Belarus, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan Ukraine (occupied territories and zone of the military conflict).
3. Participation in the program should decrease risks connected to the professional activities of a HRD and/or prevent professional burnout, traumatisation.
4. HRD should be able to fully participate in educational and public events offered by the program.
5. HRD should be ready for the relocation for 3 months on his/her own. Only in the exceptional cases its is possible for a HRD to take part in the program together with immediate family members.
How to apply:
To apply for the next enrollment starting in June 2018 please DOWNLOAD HERE THE APPLICATION and submit it until April 30, 2018. Please send the application form to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
For more information, please contact:
+99 555 543 0046